I am a software engineer and joining in a new company which promised me a long term Onsite to Toronto, Canada. I would be Joining them in the month of March, 2011.
Please answer me the following questions and help me in understanding Canada before I come.
1) Recently How long it is taking for processing work permit visa to Toronto, Canada. I am planning to travel as soon as I get the visa.
2) How are the apartments/flats rents in Toronto. Will they provide furnished houses with TV, Fridge, Washing machine, Drier etc. I am looking for a decent apartment in reasonable price for rent. I might not afford too costly houses.
3) How much it would cost for a typical Indian style of food per month.
4) What would be the expenses for Internet, telephone, transport, electricity bill etc.
5) How much I can ask my employer to pay me in Canada dollars per annum with 6 years of IT experience. Is 75K per annum good enough?
6) What is the percentage of tax assuming everything they offered me is a taxable component.
7) Will I get any refund on the tax paid? How are the insurance expenses?
9) How soon I can start processing my Wife’s visa and Kid’s visa? My employer is asking me to be there in Toronto for 6 months and process my Wife’s visa showing 6 months of bank statements? Is that true?
10) Are all medical expenses free for me and my family in Canada?
11) How is the life style in Canada?
12) How is the weather in Canada? Is it a good idea bringing my 3 month old Kid (who is yet to born) to Toronto during November, 2011?
13) Do we have any Indian grossary shops, Indian restaurents, cultural programs etc.
Thanks a lot in advance. Please give me an overview on the above questions and any help in this regard is much much appreciated.